2022 Election Information
- The Democratic and Republican Parties are holding primary elections. Prior to the primaries, the parties hold caucuses to help determine who is selected for the ballot.
- Colorado does not have a registration deadline.
- You must be registered as a Democrat, Republican, or Unaffiliated to participate.
- Registered Democrats will receive only the Democratic Party ballot.
- Registered Republicans will receive only the Republican Party ballot.
- By law, unless a ballot preference has been specified, Unaffiliated voters will be mailed both major party ballots (Democratic and Republican) but can only vote and return one.
Important Dates & Events
- May 14 - Ballots will be mailed/transmitted to eligible overseas and military (UOCAVA) voters.
- June 6 - Last day for voters who are affiliated with a political party to make changes or withdraw their affiliation if they wish to vote in a different party's primary election.
- June 6 - Ballots begin mailing to registered Democrats, Republicans, and Unaffiliated voters.
- June 20 - VSPC opens, last day to be mailed a ballot or replacement ballot.
- June 28 - Election Day! VSPC and Drop Boxes close at 7 PM
Return only ONE ballot. If your mail ballot packet contains ballots for both the Democratic and Republican Parties, mark and return only ONE ballot, and destroy the other. If you mark and return both party ballots, neither will count.