Archuleta County is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package to eligible, full-time employees who work at least 30 hours per week. You will receive plan booklets, detailing information about each of these programs. You share the costs of benefits with Archuleta County.
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Aflac Voluntary Benefits
You and your dependents are eligible for most Archuleta County benefits on the first day of the month following employment. Eligible dependents are your spouse, children under age 26, disabled dependents of any age or legally eligible dependents.
Retirement (Colorado County Officials and Employee Retirement)
Employees working 30+ hours per week are enrolled in Archuleta County’s retirement program upon your hire date.
401(a) Plan. Mandatory participation immediately upon your date of hire. Your contribute 4% and the County contributes 4% of your gross income toward retirement.
457(B) Plan (Voluntary). Employees may participate at any time by contributing additional money for retirement.
You will start accruing vacation the first of the month after employment.
- Up to 5 Years: Accrual rate sis 6.67 hours per month (2 weeks per year.)
- 5 to 10 Years: Accrual rates is 10 hours per month (3 weeks per year.)
- Over 10 years: Accrual rate is 13.33 hours per month (4 weeks per year.)
You will start accruing sick time the first of the month after employment.
Sick leave is accrued at 8 hours per month.