Vacation Rental Permits
You may use your dwelling as a short-term rental for less than 30-days at a time with an Archuleta County Vacation Rental Permit. A Vacation Rental Permit must be approved before you begin advertising or short-term renting.
CURRENTLY PERMITTED PROPERTIES (as of 01/20/2022)
To begin the Vacation Rental Permit Application process, please click here and create an account...
Once your account is verified, you will need to contact Brandon Wolff (email@example.com to link your property record to your login.
Once linked, the system will walk you through each step, one at a time. During the process, you will need the following items to be scanned and uploaded to the system:
- Proof of Ownership*
- Agent Authorization* (for property manager)
- Vacation Rental Property Disclosure Form* (downloadable within system or by clicking here)
- Parking Plan Site Map showing parking available for guest use
- San Juan Basin Public Health (SJBPH) OWTS Permit if there is an On-Site Water Treatment System or affirmative statement that there is no OWTS on the property
- Proof of Sales Tax Registration* with Colorado Department of Revenue (CDOR) or affirmative statement that only AirBNB / VRBO will be used for bookings
- Proof of Paid Property Taxes* for the property
- Proof of Neighbor and Owner’s Association Notification or affirmative statement the property is not part of an owner's association
- Copy of Rules for Renters*
- Copies of upcoming Advertisements
- Payment of annual fees and pending fines (as applicable)*
- Walk-thru Validation Inspection*
*Required for both new and renewal applications
Please Note: A Vacation Rental Permit does not transfer from seller to buyer upon a change of property ownership. New owners must apply for their own permit BEFORE they begin advertising or renting their property for short-term rentals.
Please contact Brandon Wolff via email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
To report a problem with a Vacation Rental Unit or its guests, you may contact:
CODE ENFORCEMENT (M-F / 8-4) : (970) 264-8477
24-HOUR VACATION RENTAL COMPLAINT LINE: (970) 294-7869
Please Note: We are not obligated to investigate anonymous complaints, but names will remain confidential.