Vacation Rental Permits
ATTENTION: ARCHULETA COUNTY HAS INSTITUTED A MORATORIUM ON NEW VACATION RENTAL PERMITS EFFECTIVE 09/01/2022. THIS WILL LAST AT LEAST SIX MONTHS UNTIL NEW REGULATIONS ARE ADOPTED. RENEWAL APPLICATIONS WILL CONTINUE TO BE PROCESSED FOR PROPERLY PERMITTED DWELLINGS.
ADDITIONALLY, THE PLANNING DEPARTMENT IS TRANSITIONING TO NEW PERMITTING SOFTWARE IN OCTOBER. PLEASE KEEP AN EYE ON THE WEBSITE FOR UPDATES ABOUT THAT PROCESS AS WELL AS IN YOUR EMAIL IF YOU ALREADY HAVE A PERMIT OR HAVE PREVIOUSLY APPLIED PRIOR TO THE MORATORIUM OR VIA A SPECIAL EXCEPTION.
CALL STEPHEN SLADE AT (970) 264-8383 WITH SPECIFIC QUESTIONS ABOUT ANY OF THIS INFORMATION.
CURRENTLY PERMITTED PROPERTIES (as of 07/15/2022)
During the renewal process, you will need at least the following items to be scanned and uploaded to the system:
- Proof of Ownership
- Agent Authorization (for property manager)
- Vacation Rental Property Disclosure Form (downloadable within system or by clicking here)
- Proof of Sales Tax Registration with Colorado Department of Revenue (CDOR) or affirmative statement that only AirBNB / VRBO will be used for bookings
- Proof of Paid Property Taxes for the property
- Copy of Rules for Renters
- Payment of annual fees and pending fines (as applicable)
- Walk-thru Validation Inspection
Please Note: A Vacation Rental Permit does not transfer from seller to buyer upon a change of property ownership. New owners must apply for their own permit BEFORE they begin advertising or renting their property for short-term rentals.
Please contact Stephen Slade via email at email@example.com if you have any questions.
To report a problem with a Vacation Rental Unit or its guests, you may contact:
CODE ENFORCEMENT (M-F / 8-4) : (970) 264-8477
24-HOUR VACATION RENTAL COMPLAINT LINE: (970) 294-7869
Please Note: We are not obligated to investigate anonymous complaints, but names will remain confidential.