The recording fees are $13.00 for the 1st page and $5.00 for each additional page.
This check should be issued to the Archuleta County Clerk and Recorder.
The Public Trustee fee of $15.00 will remain the same and the check should be issued to Archuleta County Public Trustee.
Please update your processes accordingly to mitigate against rejections.
Release of Deed of Trust
Documents to be sent to the public trustee for releases by a lending party who is not a qualified holder according to Colorado Revised Statutes 38-39-102(3):
1. Original note
2. A recorded, legible copy or the original recorded Deed of Trust
3. Completed and notarized Release of Deed of Trust with Production form
4. Check made payable to Archuleta County Clerk and Recorder in the amount
necessary for recording the release document
-The first page is $13.00. Each additional page is $5.00. Therefore, recording a
two-page document is $18.00.
5. Check made payable to Archuleta County Public Trustee in the amount of $15.00
6. Adequately sized, stamped, self-addressed envelope, addressed to the holder of the
evidence of debt in which to return documents