One of the more important decisions you can make for your self, your spouse, and/or dependents is your choice of benefits, which ids part of the total compensation package. Archuleta County provides a comprehensive and competitive benefit program.
You and your dependents are eligible for most Archuleta County benefits on the first day of the month following date of hire. Eligible dependents are your spouse, children under age 26, disabled dependents of any age or legally eligible dependents.
- Medical - Two plans to choose from a PPO and a High Deductible Health Plan with a HSA.
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Medical Transport Solutions (MASA) - For $9/month if you are on the County health insurance any medical transport cost that is not covered by the health insurance plan will be covered by MASA.
Retirement Colorado Retirement Association (CRA)
Employees working 30+ hours per week are enrolled in Archuleta County’s retirement program upon your hire date.
401(a) Plan. Mandatory participation immediately upon your date of hire. Your contribute a total of between 4% and 7% of your gross wage depending on election and the County match your election .
457(B) Plan (Voluntary). Employees may participate at any time by contributing additional money for retirement, the County does not contribute.
457 Plan (voluntary). Through ICMA-RC - Employees may participate at any time by contributing additional money for retirement, the County does not contribute.
You will start accruing vacation the first of the month after employment.
- Up to 5 Years: Accrual rate sis 6.67 hours per month (2 weeks per year.)
- 5 to 10 Years: Accrual rates is 10 hours per month (3 weeks per year.)
- Over 10 years: Accrual rate is 13.33 hours per month (4 weeks per year.)
You will start accruing sick time the first of the month after employment. Sick leave is accrued at 8 hours per month.