Weed & Pest
The Weed and Pest office is typically staffed between 7am-3:30pm Monday through Friday. To make an appointment outside of these hours please call: (970)264-6773. Leave your name, phone number, description of the service being requested, type of weed/rodent, acreage, etc.
- Manage noxious weed using integrated control methods in Archuleta County
- Assist property owners with all aspects of noxious weed management
- Educate the public on management techniques for noxious weed control
- Promote safe and responsible use of herbicides and alternative practices
- Offer support for other pest species
- Noxious weed control along county roads and county property
- Provide noxious weed control for private property by request
- Recommendations of herbicides, rates, cautions, etc.
- Herbicide sales and limited sales of pesticides for rodent or insect pests
- Biocontrol agents are available for field bindweed and Canada thistle on a seasonal basis
- No services are offered for pest control
To request service call (970)264-6773, or email. The private spray list opens on January 1st and closes when capacity has been reached.
Fill out the Landowner permission form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Down load the permission form here: Landowner Permission Form.
Like our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/archuletacountyWP/ for updates and news on noxious weeds!